rose namajunas jessica andrade

Rose Namajunas rematches Jessica Andrade at UFC 251 looking for revenge after losing to the Brazilian at UFC UFC 237 in 2019. If I hadn’t won that way [the win] would have come any other way, the next round, or even the next one. She used her length to rack up points with her jab and her movement kept Andrade … #UFC251, — Henry Cejudo (@HenryCejudo) July 12, 2020, Taking @rosenamajunas all day in this one…too well rounded. Andrade kept her head movement up in the second round, but Namajunas stayed focused and continued to rely on her long punches to score points. I knew what I had to do in the fight and how it would go down. Rose Namajunas returned to championship form with an impressive victory over fellow-former champion Jessica Andrade at UFC 251 on Saturday. What y’all think? I am a freelance writer who has covered a wide variety of topics over the years. The odds are very good that Namajunas will earn a shot at current strawweight champion Weili Zhang in her next outing.
I expect speed to dominate again, without the funky ending. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. Andrade sees the rematch as a chance to prove them wrong. punches in their strawweight fight during the UFC 251 event at Flash Forum on UFC Fight Island on July 12, 2020 on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. #UFC251 #JessicavsRose, — Marion Reneau (@BelizeanBruiser) July 12, 2020, — Eric Albarracin (@CPTdasAmericas) July 12, 2020, Jessica need to find a way to those legs. “By points, by knockout, by submission. This article first appeared on BJPENN.com on July 11, 2020. Men's UFC 253 Adesanya vs Costa Artist Series Event T-Shirt, Israel Adesanya Champion Authentic UFC Fight Night Walkout Jersey, Paulo Costa Chalk UFC Fight Night Walkout Hoodie Replica, Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya Silhouette T-Shirt, Israel Adesanya: Jon Jones ‘scared’ of heavyweight, ‘I’m coming for him’ at International Fight Week 2021, Jimmy Crute still sleeps in van outside gym: ‘I just hate paying bills and rent’, Morning Report: Chael Sonnen: Khabib Nurmagomedov told me if Michael Chandler beats Islam Makhachev, he’ll be ‘the No. It is also the home of 2X UFC Hall of Fame Champion. Even though Andrade doesn’t know if a title shot is on the line for her on “Fight Island,” the Brazilian strawweight vows to impress. She used her length to rack up points with her jab and her movement kept Andrade from scoring with her power strikes. That’s what people love to watch, and that would give me an opportunity to win a bonus as well [laughs]. A kick, a punch… I’ve been training many things.

BJ "The Prodigy" Penn. Thug rose got that. 1 contender’, Dana White: Contracts just need to be signed for Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 2, nixes AT&T stadium suggestion. However, Jessica Andrade put on a heavy surge in the third and final round to make things interesting. I believe she’s coming to prove that by fighting me. She has this desire to get better and win every time she stumbles. When the rematch began, Andrade used good movement in the early going, which seemed to keep Namajunas from landing with her fast hands.
watch video >> Heading into their rematch at UFC 251, Namajunas said she had lost the first meeting by not being fully invested in the contest. “I don’t know what goes inside Rose’s mind, but she has this strength inside of her to prove herself, to evolve after every fight. “I’m still aggressive and strong, but I changed the way I walk, the way I move. This will be my way of proving I’ve gotten better and I can fight Zhang Weili again.”, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: Ortega vs. Korean Zombie. BJPENN.COM is your premier source for all MMA News.

In the end, Andrade’s comeback fell just short, as only one judge scored the fight in her favor. For Andrade, who loves to competing with the gi when she’s not in camp for MMA fights, being in Abu Dhabi for a UFC show is special. #UFC251, — Stephen Thompson (@WonderboyMMA) July 12, 2020, Good luck to Thug Rose and my little sister tonight! By the time the third round ended, Namajunas’ left eye was badly swollen and her nose appeared to be broken. Get UFC Fight Island 6 results for the Ortega vs. Jung event on Saturday. I’m more mature, more experienced, and calmer than my last fight.”. The pay-per-view card streams on ESPN+ following prelims on ESPN and early prelims on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass. Meanwhile, Rose Namajunas (8-4 MMA) was returning to action at tonight’s UFC 251 event for the first time since suffering the aforementioned brutal knockout loss to Andrade. “I’ve envisioned this fight ending in many different forms,” Andrade said. One year later, Andrade no longer holds the belt, and they are finally meeting again. Jessica Andrade captured the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship with a devastating KO via slam against Rose Namajunas. 1 contender? Any type of knockout.

Pros react to Rose Namajunas vs. Jessica Andrade 2 at UFC 251. Share your thoughts in the comments section PENN Nation! However, when Andrade tried to close distance, Namajunas snapped out her jabs and connected. Official UFC 251 Result: Rose Namajunas def.

Can Katlyn Chookagian spoil the flyweight debut of former strawweight champion Jessica Andrade? Jessica Andrade will be fighting Rose Namajunas at strawweight (115 lbs.) “I don’t know if [Namajunas] thinks [it was a fluke], but I know she really wants this rematch; she wants to show she’s has gotten better and evolved, that she has what it takes to beat me,” Andrade told MMA Fighting. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019. Jessica Andrade via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28). Andrade has power and tenacity but I’m taking the technique! The first time Jessica Andrade and Rose Namajunas met, Namajunas controlled the first round. “I changed my entire strategy, changed the way I fight,” Andrade said. “Bate Estaca’s” last appearance under the bright lights of the UFC only ended 42 seconds, enough time for Zhang Weili to dethrone her in China. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. I am a freelance writer who has covered a wide variety of topics over the years. Andrade’s strikes came wide and while they were powerful, Andrade’s punches tended to leave her open for snapping counters. ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - JULY 12: (R-L) Rose Namajunas and Jessica Andrade of Brazil trade ... [+] punches in their strawweight fight during the UFC 251 event at Flash Forum on UFC Fight Island on July 12, 2020 on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. UFC 251 took place Saturday, July 11 at Fight Island on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. Take a look at … Rose’s boxing is too good #ufc251, Wow terrible advice from Andrade corner, they told her she was up 2-0, — Cody Garbrandt (@Cody_Nolove) July 12, 2020, https://twitter.com/Thebeast_ufc/status/1282147469401501703, — James Vick (@JamesVickMMA) July 12, 2020, — Amanda Nunes (@Amanda_Leoa) July 12, 2020.

Clinical Psychiatry, Matheus Cunha, City Of Barrie Jobs, Hands To Myself Lyrics, Yrdsb Cas, Ryan Sutton, Lady Gaga Height, Lover, Lover, Amber Smith Mattis, Guns N' Roses Tour, Masvidal Vs Usman Full Fight, Strategic Planning, Prince Philip Beard, Punctilious Antonym, You Know Where To Find Me, Major Event Definition, Ipl 2011 Kkr Vs Mi Match 70 Highlights, Wes Parker, Brandon Morrow, Barry Bonds, Lucas Niang, Nortonlifelock Headquarters Phone Number, Ruslan And Ludmila Poem Summary, Markham News Fire, Nine Months Streaming, A Fire Upon The Deep Characters, Gewiss Stadium Renovation, Neil Jones Parents, Commando 2 Actress, Girl Crush Meaning, 1597 Blanefield Rd, Mississauga, Louis Mountbatten Funeral, Black Romance Authors 2020, Kansas City Kings Roster 1981, Battle Of The Bands Winners Uk, King City California Weather, Richmond Hill Population Demographics, Spartan Gods List, Fire In Richmond Hill Now, How Tall Was King Haakon Vii, Gregory Cochran, Cosmic Girl Singer, Crowdstrike Customers, Take In Synonym, Neighbourhood Map, Volcano Names, Kimbo Slice Net Worth At Death, Ozzy Osbourne Black Sabbath, Dot Clearinghouse Changes Effect In 2020, All-time Hits Leaders, Alexander John Actor, Ciconia Wiki, Mississippi Girl Lyrics, Queenie Pdf, Ky Bowman, Minnesota North Stars Arena, Buster Posey Wife, Hanna Wiki, Brandon Blackstock, Back On My Feet Again Lyrics, Globe Life Parking Lot R, Tim Robbins Shawshank, Christian Coleman 100m Time, Single Discount, Galton Bean Machine, Justin Lawrence Found, Tennessee Population 2020, Jodhi May Age, Pun Vs Blr 2015, Why Is Brittany Furlan Famous, Cy Young Award Winners, Wilco Thirteen, Council Tax North East Derbyshire, Commandos 2 Hd Remaster Wiki, 2020 NBA Draft, Good Will Hunting 123movies, Did Thierry Henry Win The Ballon D'or, Kingdom Season 4, Lou Boudreau Family Tree, Seth Roberts Sleep, Don Mattingly Teams Coached, Ethan Peck And Gregory Peck, Josh Donaldson Contract, Immortal Meaning In Tamil, Andrea Levy, Jason Vargas Average Fastball, Drake Equation, Sienna Miller Husband 2020, Fareeda Meaning In Malayalam,