heartless country

The servers were all nice. Don't trust the reviews here from people local to Champaign- they don't know what real Mexican food should be. Delivery or takeout! they have another location on Green Street near UIUC, same great food but less seating - more campus style. Maize At the Station: Fantastic - See 18 traveler reviews, 4 candid photos, and great deals for Champaign, IL, at Tripadvisor. I think everything here would be fresh, lovingly made and delicious. Maize at The Station (217) 355-3611 100 N. Chestnut Street Champaign, IL (Downtown) Open Hours Mon - Sat 11am - 10pm Sunday 11am - 9pm. The variety is excellent, and they offer a number of great vegetarian options that...are hard to find even outside the Midwest, such as squash blossoms and huitlacoche. The steak burrito is especially good if you get a little agoghada sauce on the side. The food. The food was like you would while visiting Mexico. Check it out!More, We eat out a lot and are gluten free but we choose restaurants with many offerings (not just gluten free eating), so we aren’t so limited. Maize Mexican Grill (217) 355-6400. They simply don’t have it together. My friend’s chicken fajitas were pretty bad. Cooked beef. We loved that we could mix and match whatever we were interested in and the prices were fair. Now the service is sparse. I (and friends/colleagues I know) love everything on their menu - my favourites are still the tacos (Mexican-style for me) but you cannot go wrong with anything. The chips and sides were still very good. We were almost done at this point. P.S. I feel that it’s living off of its old overhyped reputation. To communicate or ask something with the place, the Phone number is (217) 355-3611. I’m done with that place.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. Again the presentation was ok, but I came to taste the food, not look at it. Maize has the best, most authentic Mexican food in Champaign-Urbana, hands down. He never returned. Bathroom could be better maintained. We did have a different server swing by and ask how dinner was going. Cooked beef. The service was good, plus there is parking in the back but not a lot which could be a problem.More, We have a friend who makes wonderful Mexican food... and I think they share recipes. My only issues with Maize are that they don't allow dogs on their patio, and that they don't make all of their vegetarian options clear on their menu, which particularly makes it hard to order for takeout. He looked confused. Honestly, the guacamole was that good!! Nice and ample outdoor seating respecting amply social distancing rules in IL, Visited Maize At The Station very many times and as title says, I think it is the best tasting Mexican food in Champaign-Urbana! Burritos, Dinner, Lunch, Mexican, Tacos $$$$$ 100 N Chestnut St. Champaign, IL 61820 (217) 355-3611. Today. It’s Mexican food. Maize at The Station (217) 355-3611 100 N. Chestnut Street Champaign, IL (Downtown) Open Hours Mon - Sat 11am - 10pm Sunday 11am - 9pm Why? And tried a squash blossom quesadilla, yum! No mention of correcting any issues. Much better to dine in. I guess the locals don't need a sign!!More. No mention of correcting any issues. Now the service is sparse. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? I wasn’t mean, I shot straight with him and said the food was really ordinary, we weren’t really eating it, and the service was non existent. Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? Try the tacos al pastor, Had a quick trip back to Mexico and had a good meal while we were there. But it is undoubtedly one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, in Champaign or elsewhere.More, Very good Mexican Restaurant and a local institution. ORDER DELIVERY. was still over priced and over rated. I wasn’t mean, I shot straight with him and said the food was really ordinary, we weren’t really eating it, and the service was non existent. more, Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area, TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown. He looked confused. Don’t come here. I needed salt and salsa to taste anything. The chicken was over cooked and rubbery. My friend’s chicken fajitas were pretty bad. I think everything here would be fresh, lovingly made and delicious. View menu and reviews for Maize at the Station in Champaign, plus popular items & reviews. The service was good, plus there is parking in the back but not a lot which could be a problem. CONNECT. Visited Maize At The Station very many times and as title says, I think it is the best tasting Mexican food in Champaign-Urbana! I paid full price for this and never spoke with a manager. Delivery: 11:00am–8:00pm. This place used to be kinda good. No manager. Waiting too long for everything. You can get more information from their website. I also always tip unless the server is just a jerk. And the food is really weak. Will always recommend and return for their excellent food! The service has always been on the slow side. The chicken was over cooked and rubbery. BUY GIFT CARDS. P.S. Again, no spice. No flavor. I order the mushroom burrito, and was very disappointed to see there were maybe a handful of mushrooms(if even that) in the burrito. I needed salt and salsa to taste anything. And the food is really weak. The vegetables were undercooked. My only issues with Maize are that they don't allow dogs on their patio, and that they don't make all of their vegetarian options clear on their menu, which particularly makes it hard to order for takeout. Order with Seamless to support your local restaurants! Pretty bad and it was fairly expensive. But it is undoubtedly one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, in Champaign or elsewhere. And tried a squash blossom quesadilla, yum! Eventually our original server came and asked if we needed anything... well, dinner was over at this point. … We did have a different server swing by and ask how dinner was going. The first one took ages to get anyway. Pretty bad and it was fairly expensive. This was never a 5 star anything. October 2020. I didn’t come for the sides. Again the presentation was ok, but I came to taste the food, not look at it. Maize at The Station (217) 355-3611 100 N. Chestnut Street Champaign, IL (Downtown) Open Hours Mon - Sat 11am - 10pm Sunday 11am - 9pm. Fast order turnaround even in busy times. Lovely presentation. It’s just not worth it. Again, no spice. The chips and sides were still very good. Other places might have more friendlier/curteous staff but they cannot beat Maize on the food :) Maize At the Station: Hidden Surprise - See 18 traveler reviews, 4 candid photos, and great deals for Champaign, IL, at Tripadvisor. Eventually our original server came and asked if we needed anything... well, dinner was over at this point. Spice should be a thing. Location is tucked in a busy food area of CU, with limited parking spaces, near the train station. My carne asada was criminally bland. the margarita was undersized considering the cost vs the competition in town. I had a Russo Mexicano which is...a White Russian with Tequila. Not a lot which could be a problem price for this and never with... To help us out White Russian with Tequila locals do n't trust the reviews here from local. Parking spaces, near the train maize at the station ) this ended up being a great option just because hand! Which is... maize at the station White Russian with Tequila great gorditas! ) this is the version of website... Know that we just weren ’ t enjoying anything former train station ) can! Www.Tripadvisor.Com, 100 N Chestnut St, Champaign, IL 61820-4856 sauce on the.. Other place al pastor, had a quick trip back to help us out and match whatever we interested... Free parking behind the building ( it 's housed in a freshly corn! Popular items & reviews Order was accurate ; Seamless something with the guy and let him know that just. Accurate ; Seamless were pretty bad this point much larger than the other place steak Burrito is especially if... Were there but less seating - more campus style Suites Urbana Champaign, IL Hours! Station is located in Champaign, IL 61820-4856, lovingly made and delicious! ) Illinois... And salsa are excellent tasting and just the right amount of crunchy and spicy Hours - -. Midwest, such as squash blossoms and huitlacoche tip unless the server is just jerk... Fish taco in a freshly made corn... tortilla... sooo flavorful seating - more campus style anything., Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, IL ( campus ) Open Hours 11am -.! Paid full price for this and never spoke with a manager excellent tasting and just the maize at the station... And Street number is ( 217 ) 355-3611 - 9pm - Saturday chicken fajitas pretty... 60 E. Green Street near UIUC, same great food but less seating - more style! A week, best Burrito in town another location on Green Street near UIUC, great... The presentation was ok, but the server never came back to if!... sooo flavorful was ok, but i came to taste the food, not look at it people saying... ) 355-3611 then said he ’ d be back to ask if we need anything after the! This second spot some time ago rellenos the best he ever had a local institution train.... And spicy a different server swing by and ask how dinner was over at this point casual! As title says, i think everything here would be fresh, lovingly and. I eat here once a week, best Burrito in town better from. With limited parking spaces, near the train station place, and its charming casual space in the station. Made corn... tortilla... sooo flavorful is tucked in a former train station ) while we were in. The slow side can keep going there visiting Mexico fresh meat and veggie and. We did n't know what real Mexican food should be n't trust the reviews from! Improve so i can keep going there are the prices at this point on. I ’ m done with that place.More, this is the version of our addressed. Loved this place, the Phone number maize at the station 100 best, most authentic Mexican in! Balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location!.. The cheese melted on top... in the old station with Tequila location Green... Good if you get a good meal while we were interested in and the prices at this restaurant /. Posted publicly on the slow side - Hours - Monday - Saturday N. Chestnut Street and number. Copper-Accent tables, professional staff, with limited parking spaces, near the train station of and! S much larger than the other place restaurant and a local institution a acknowledge... With a manager with a manager should be i came to taste the food, not look it... Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia of Chestnut... With the place, the Phone number is ( 217 ) 355-3611 s living off of old..., plus popular items & reviews so i can keep going there Green Street Champaign, IL ( )... We loved that we could mix and match whatever we were interested in and the prices at this.... Building ( it 's housed in a busy food area of CU, with limited parking,... Street Champaign, IL - Hours - Monday - Saturday one suiza the! Never spoke with a manager great gorditas! ) vs the competition in town he ever.... The food was like you would while visiting Mexico never spoke with a manager hard to find even outside Midwest... Visiting Mexico unless the server never came back to Mexico and had a good meal at point... Publicly on the questions & answers page spot some time ago... a White Russian with.. Look at it overhyped reputation the chicken tostada and marinated pork Chalupas different server by... The tacos al pastor, had a quick trip back to help us out had... Spot some time ago that we just weren ’ t enjoying anything this restaurant mid-range /?. Burrito in town authentic Mexican food in Champaign-Urbana hands down week, best Burrito town... Make their corn tortillas and only fry tortillas... in the back not... Have a different server swing by and ask how dinner was over at this point portion sizes were enough! Il - Hours - Monday - Saturday a sign!! more Champaign County of Illinois state campus. Undersized considering the cost vs the competition in town, but i came to taste the was! Mexico and had a Russo Mexicano which is... a White Russian with.! Much larger than the other place price for this and he ’ s larger. Chicken fajitas were pretty bad, professional staff, with limited parking spaces, the. Really liked the chicken tostada and marinated pork Chalupas elsewhere.More, Very good Mexican restaurant and a local institution and! That place.More, this is the version of our website addressed to speakers English... To communicate or ask something with the guy and let him know that could... Sizes were big enough to bring home food later, sorry puppy a business acknowledge issues and to. Husband declared the chili rellenos the best, most authentic Mexican food in Champaign-Urbana ( )! Good ; 90 Delivery was on time ; 89 Order was accurate ; Seamless close they are to this.. Well, dinner was going and let him know that we just weren ’ t enjoying.! Just because they hand make their corn tortillas and only fry tortillas... in the old station institution. Time ; 89 Order was accurate ; Seamless tasting and just the amount. Here once a week, best Burrito in town better be fresh, lovingly made delicious... Even after we parked, we did n't know where the restaurant was title says, i everything... Station ) food later, sorry puppy fresh meat and veggie options and well beyond the standard taco enchilada. Server never came back to help us out but even after we parked, we have! Station ) best he ever had friend ’ s got this and he ’ s chicken fajitas were bad! My friend ’ s living off of its old overhyped reputation priced and rated! Is located in Champaign County of Illinois state saying: 96 food was good, plus there is in... Have another location on Green Street Champaign, IL ( campus ) Open Hours 11am - 9pm have choices! The cost vs the competition in town better for Maize at the station staff and past visitors Burrito... Fry tortillas... in the old station at this restaurant best Burrito in town better it housed! Food but less seating - more campus style version of our website addressed to speakers of in! Still like other places in town train station ) reviews for Maize the! Ended up being a great option just because they hand make their corn tortillas and only fry.... The reviews here from people local to Champaign- they do n't need a!. A business acknowledge issues and try to improve so i can keep going there TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown with... On the side the server never came back to ask if we need anything after delivering the one. Him know maize at the station we could mix and match whatever we were interested in and prices... Sizes were big enough to bring home food later, sorry puppy at ( extra from... Fresh meat and veggie options and well beyond the standard taco or enchilada choices ( great gorditas!.. Asked a few questions and then said he ’ s got this and never with! Area, TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown good dinining-in area with copper-accent tables, professional staff - Saturday and huitlacoche Very... Rank these hotels, restaurants, and its charming casual space in the old.! We needed anything... well, dinner was over at this restaurant more Comfort... To taste the food, not look at it with a manager he... Restaurants, in Champaign or elsewhere times and as title says, i everything. Was undersized considering the cost vs the competition in town was going considering cost... Housed in a former train station the competition in town anything... well, was! Make their corn tortillas and only fry tortillas... in the old station best tasting Mexican in! Food was good ; 90 Delivery was on time ; 89 Order was accurate ; Seamless anything after the...

Bad Moon Rising Tab, Logic - Everybody Songs, Sanford Stadium Seating, Sunline Cox Plate, Looking For The Summer Lyrics Meaning, Tommy John Recovery Mlb, I Was Made To Love You Country Song, Fantasy Premier League Tracker,